Open Rate (OR)
- The percentage of people who opened your email. We find this by the number of opened emails divided by the number of deliveries. An average Open Rate is around 20%.
Unique Opens / Deliveries = Open Rate
Click Rate (CR)
- The number of links clicked divided by the amount of opened emails. Example: If 100 people received an email, and 10 of those people opened it, and 5 of those 10 people clicked on a link, the click rate is 50%. (5 / 10 = 0.5). We see an average Click Rate of about 5%.
Unique Opens / Unique Clicks = Click Rate
- We track forwards not by being able to know when someone hits the forward button but instead when an open is generated by an email owned by a company who is not related to the initial recipient's firm. We're able to do this by comparing millions of data points we've gathered from across the Street to pinpoint opens at specific firms.
- Read - Opening an email for greater than 16 seconds.
- Preview - Opening an email for less than 16 seconds.
- Opened - Opened on a mail client where read times are not possible to track.
Client Engagement Report
- The unique number of recipients who received content.
- The count of content producers sending content to your clients.
- The unique pieces of content sent to your clients. If a recipient received two identical copies of research, we would add one to the Delivery Count.
- The count of Recipients who opened an email.
- The sum of all opens.
- The count of emails where a link click occurred.
- The sum of all link clicks.