This page contains definitions of the metrics data displayed on your Insights and Reports pages.
To clarify, Street Contxt does not track each instance of a recipient clicking “Forward” on their mail clients. We indicate a forward has taken place when we have verified both of the following points:
- an open is recorded.
- the IP address the open is generated from is owned by a company that we've identified as not related to the original recipient’s company (we do this by comparing millions of data points we’ve gathered from across the street to pinpoint opens at specific companies).
When we have verified both of these points, we categorize the Open event as a Forward, and provide the details of the company the email was forwarded to under the Forwarded To tab under Email Insights.
NOTE: this means it isn't possible to identify when a email has been forwarded internally (re: a recipient has forwarded it to other colleagues at their company). However, an exceptionally high Additional Opens total (see below) attributed to a recipient is most likely the result of internal forwarding.
Open Rate (OR)
The percentage of emails that were opened. The average open rate is around 15-20%.
Unique Opens / Total Delivered = Open Rate
Click Rate (CR)
The number of links clicked divided by the amount of opened emails. Example: If 100 people received an email, and 10 of those people opened it, and 5 of those 10 people clicked on a link, the click rate is 50%. (5 / 10 = 0.5). We see an average Click Rate of about 5-7%.
Unique Clicks / Unique Opens = Click Rate
*indicated under the Opened column on an Email Insights page.
Read: opening an email for greater than 16 seconds.
Preview: opening an email for less than 16 seconds.
Opened: opened on a mail client where read times are not possible to track.
The number of times your email has been opened after the initial open (does not include forwarded opens).
Total Opens - 1 (initial open) - Forwarded Opens = Additional Opens
This identifies engagement by a contact that typically doesn't engage with your content. If a contact opens your email and/or clicks a link, our system performs a computation to calculate the rates of engagement over the past thirty days. If those rates are below a certain threshold, the event will be categorized as a Rare Open or a Rare Click.
Data concerning rare activity can be viewed in your Street Feed, Email Insights the Open Trends and Click Trends columns), Contact Insights and Contact Activity Feed.
- The unique number of recipients who received content.
- The count of content producers sending content to your clients.
- The unique pieces of content sent to your clients. If a recipient received two identical copies of research, we would add one to the Delivery Count.
- The count of Recipients who opened an email.
- The sum of all opens. Includes repeated opens.
- The count of emails where a link click occurred.
- The sum of all link clicks. Including repeated clicks.