When you need to send a targeted email to a one-off group of contacts rather than your static lists, you can send a tracked email to those contacts. The same analytics (opens, clicks, etc) are tracked from these emails, giving you the same insights you get when sending content to your lists.
Tracked emails are ideal for:
- Targeted email for a specific firm or segment of customers.
- An introductory email to prospective new clients.
- Smart follow-up based on previous readership behaviour
- Click into Manage Lists (top header).
- Click into your My Contacts page.
- Check the boxes next to the contacts you wish to send your email to.
- Click the Draft Email button that appears once you check off the contacts you want to include.
Click Open new email to open a new email in your mail client. The To: field will be pre-populated with a "tracked-email" address, representing the selected contacts. All you have to do is compose your email and send.
With tracked email, there is an option available to make the recipients visible to each other in the To: or Cc: field of the email they receive. This feature is valuable when you want to make the email appear more natural or reduce any confusion amongst the recipients.
After clicking the Draft Email button (see Step 4 under Sending a Tracked Email), click the eyeball icon to the right of the To: field to allow all of the contacts in that field to see the other email addresses in that field.
Note: Using mail merge tags is generally not suggested when using the Grouping Recipients feature.
You can send a tracked email to a single contact on one of your lists by either following the steps detailed above or by clicking on the contact to open the right-hand sidebar and clicking the Draft Email button at the top of the bar.
You can also click the Draft Email button located at the top of any Contact Insights page.
Clients miss emails all the time. Ensure that your important content gets their attention, by following up with a brief email (ie: “I wanted to make sure you saw this as the seats for this event are going quickly”).
- Under your Emails tab (top header), click into an email you've previously sent to bring up its corresponding Email Insights page.
- Select the contacts you wish to follow-up with by checking the boxes next to their name. Note that the filter buttons at the top of the list will isolate based on readership behaviour (Read, Didn't Open, Rare Activity, etc.), making it easy to accommodate any use case for following up.
- Click the Draft Email button that appears at the top of the Contacts table to send them a follow-up.
You can opt in/out of receiving a sender copy of each tracked email that you have sent by completing the steps below:
- Click the icon in the very top-right corner of the screen and select Account Settings from the drop-down.
- On the next page, click on Notification Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Uncheck/check "Receive a copy of all tracked emails you send".