All of the following administrative tasks for your contacts and lists are performed under the Manage Lists tab in the header:
- Creating a New List
- Adding Contacts
- Duplicating and Combining Lists
- Removing Contacts from a List
- Exporting Your List
- Subscription Requests
- Deleting a List
- Pinned Lists
- List History
Click here for definitions of the readership data displayed under this tab.
- Click Manage Lists in the top header bar.
- Click the Create a new list button in the top right-hand corner of the screen,
- On the pop-up window that appears, enter a name for your new list and click the Create new list button.
After the list is created, you are presented with two options for adding contacts to it.
Clicking the orange Add to List button will open a pop-up window, where you can search for existing contacts on your other lists to add, or paste a list of contact email addresses (separate by commas) by following the steps detailed here.
Or, you can quickly and easily upload a .csv file of contacts by clicking the grey Upload a CSV button and following the instructions. Click here for more details.
- Adding Contacts to a Single List
- Adding a Contact to Multiple Lists
- Adding Multiple Contacts to Lists
- Adding Contacts via CSV Upload
- Click into All Lists in the top-left corner of the page (under the Manage Lists tab).
- Locate the list you just created and click on it.
- Click the Add Contacts button on the next page.
- Paste the contact email address(es) that will be added to the list in the Add Contacts to List window. (NOTE: the contacts do not need to have been previously added to your contacts table)
- Click the Add Contacts button.
If you want to add a contact to multiple lists at once, and they're a brand-new contact that've you've never added to a list or sent email to before, you'll need to add them to one list first before adding to others.
- Once they're on at least one list, click into that list, then click directly on their name to open the right-hand navigation bar.
- Every list you've created will be displayed on that bar, and which ever lists that contact is on will be indicated as "On the list" in the Subscription column.
- For any other list you wish to add the contact to, simply click on the corresponding "Add to list" button in that column to change the status to "On the list".
Also, if you select multiple contacts on a list at once, you can click the "Add to another list" that will appear at the top of the table.
In the window that pops-up, check the boxes next to the lists you want to add the selected contacts to (you can even create a brand new list for them). Then, click the orange button at the bottom to add.
You have the option of adding contacts to lists by uploading a CSV file of the required details.
- Under Manage Lists, click into All Lists.
- Check the boxes of the list(s) you wish to upload the contacts into.
- At the top of the page, click the dropdown arrow to the right of the Add Contacts button, and select "Upload a CSV".
Click the video below for a quick demo on how to add a .csv file of contacts to a list.
Copying and/or combining multiple lists is easy to do. Under Manage Lists > All Lists, select a single list, then click the Duplicate button that appears at the top of the table to make a copy of that list.
Select multiple lists under All Lists, then click the Combine button that appears at the top of the table to combine all of the contacts on those lists into a new single list. Any duplicate contacts will be filtered out.
Click the video below for a quick demo on how to create new lists with existing lists and contacts:
- Under Manage Lists, click into the list you want to remove the contact from (left-hand menu bar).
- Locate the contact under the Contacts tab and check the box next to their name.
- Click the Remove from list button that will appear at the top of the table.
You can remove a contact from multiple lists at once by clicking directly on them to open the right-hand side bar, clicking the corresponding buttons for each list under the Subscription column so that they change from "On the List" to an orange "Add to list" button.
You can export a file of the contacts on your list by completing the following steps:
Under All Lists, click into the list you want to export.
Click the ellipsis "..." button in the upper-right corner of the screen and select "Export to csv" from the drop-down to download a .csv file of the list.
Requests from contacts to sign up for your content can be set up and managed under the Subscription Requests tab for each list. From here, you can copy a link to paste into the bottom of your email before sending that will allow others to subscribe to your list.
You can copy the link either as a URL or a mail merge tag. You can also customize the sign-up page that the link will resolve to.
To ensure that your invite link isn't passed on to people that you do NOT want subscribed to your list, you can make your list "private" requiring all subscription requests to be approved by you, the account owner. Under your List Settings, check the box next to Subscription requests must be approved for this list.
Once set to private, any attempt to subscribe to the list will send an email to the account owner requesting approval. You can manage any pending requests under the Subscription Requests tab.
- Click into Manage Lists in the header.
- Click into the list you wish to delete.
- Click the List Settings tab and then click the Archive List button.
Click the video below for a quick demo on how to delete a list.
You can pin your most important / frequently accessed lists for quick access.
- Under Manage Lists, click into All Lists in the top-left corner.
- Locate the list you wish to pin and click into it.
- On the next page, click the pin button on the upper-right.
Your list will then appear on the left-side bar under Pinned Lists in the left-side menu bar when you first click into Manage Lists in the top header.
After clicking into a list, you can view its edit history - contacts that were added/removed, by whom and when - by clicking the "three-dot" button on the far-right of the screen and selecting "View change history" from the dropdown.