All of the following administrative tasks for your contacts and distribution lists are performed under the Manage Distributions tab in the header:
- Creating A New List
- Adding Contacts to a Single List
- Adding Contacts to Multiple Lists
- Removing Contacts from a List
- Exporting Your List
- Making Your List Private
- Deleting a List
- Pinned Lists
- Click the New List button in the top left-hand corner of the screen,
- On the pop-up window that appears (Create Distribution List), enter a name for your new list. You can also add contacts to your new list at this point by pasting all of their email addresses in the Optional Step window, or add them later.
- Click the Create list button.
- Locate the list in the left-side menu and click on it.
- Click the Add To List button on the next page.
- Paste the contact email addresses that will be added to the list in the Add Contacts to List window. (NOTE: the contacts do not need to have been previously added to your contacts table)
- Click the Add Contacts button.
If you want to add a contact to several lists at the same time, and they're a brand-new contact that've you've never added to a list or sent email to before, you'll need to add them to one list first before adding to others.
Once they're on at least one list, go to the Contacts tab of that list and click directly on their name to open the right-hand navigation bar. Every list you've created will be displayed on that bar, and which ever lists that contact is on will be indicated as "On the list" in the Subscription column.
For any other list you wish to add the contact to, simply click on the corresponding "Add to list" button in that column to change the status to "On the list".
Also, if you select multiple contacts on a list at once, you can click the "Add to another list" that will appear at the top of the table.
In the window that pops-up, check the boxes next to the lists you want to add the selected contacts to (you can even create a brand new list for them). Then, click the orange "Add to lists" button.
Under Manage Distributions, click into the list you want to remove the contact from (left-hand menu bar).
Locate the contact under the Contacts tab and check the box next to their name.
Click the Remove from list button that will appear at the top of the table.
You can remove a contact from multiple lists at once by clicking directly on them under the Contacts tab to open the right-hand side bar, clicking the corresponding buttons for each list under the Subscription column so that they change from "On the List" to an orange "Add to list" button.
You can export a file of the contacts on your list by completing the following steps:
Under Manage Distributions, click into the list you want to export.
Click the ellipsis "..." button in the upper-right corner of the screen and select "Export to csv" from the drop-down to download a .csv file of the list.
To ensure that your invite link isn't passed on to people that you do NOT want subscribed to your distribution, you can make your distribution "private" requiring all subscription requests to be approved by you, the account owner. Under your List Settings, check the box next to Subscription requests must be approved for this list.
Once set to private, any attempt to subscribe to the distribution will send an email to the account owner requesting approval.
You can also approve or deny pending requests under the Subscription Requests tab.
- Click Manage Distributions in the header.
- Click into the list you wish to delete in the left-hand menu bar.
- Click the List Settings tab and click the Delete List button.
You can pin your most important / frequently accessed lists to the top of the left-side bar.
- Locate the list you wish to pin under Your in the left-side bar and click into it.
- On the next page, click the Pin button on the far-right.
- Your list will then appear on the left-side bar under Pinned Lists.