Now that you've gotten your contacts and lists created, it's time to actually send your first email. There are no changes to your workflow - just create your note as you normally would with any attachments or graphics.
Each list you create has a corresponding email alias address. Sending email to this one, single address will deliver the email to every contact on the list. To obtain this address, click into Manage Lists (top header), then select the list you wish to send to from the left-side menu bar and use any one of the following methods:
- Click the Email List button, which will open a blank email in your mail client, pre-populated with the address in the "To:" field.
- Click the copy icon to the immediate right of the Email List button, then paste the address into the "To:" field of your email.
- Click the Send Permissions tab, where you can view and copy the address, then paste into the "To:" field of your email.
When sending your email, it's best practice to have the alias address in the 'To:' field. In the copy they receive, your clients will only see their own address in that field. They will be unaware that they are part of a list, or that the email has relayed through Street Contxt.
If you enter the address in the 'Bcc:' field; the "To:" and "Bcc:" fields will be blank in the recipients' emails. Same as entering in "To:" field, the mail will not contain any additional Street Contxt branding and still appear to be coming from yourself.
Avoid entering the alias address in the "Cc:" field, otherwise the recipients will see it in the copy they receive.
You can send an email to multiple lists at once (simply enter each list's alias address in the "To:" field). If any of the lists have overlapping contacts, the duplicate emails will be filtered out by our system, and that contact will only receive a single copy.
Be aware that you can receive multiple copies of the email if you have Send Me A Copy enabled for your lists (we are unable to filter your own copies), but your clients will always only receive one.
Other things to note:
- Street Contxt does not support recall. Once your email has passed through our servers, it cannot be recalled.
- Depending on how your company has configured Street Contxt, any bounce notifications that are generated from your email will either relay back to you immediately (as they ordinarily would) or be collected at our end. In the latter case, the addresses of the contacts that bounced will be sent to you in a single email notification the next day. If you're unsure as to how your company is set up, you can reach out to our Help Desk.