How do I send an email to a list?
- Click into Manage Lists (top header).
- Click into the list you're sending to.
- Click the Email List button at the top of the page to open your mail client. The "To:" field will be auto-populated with the list's email address.
If you have permission to send to the list as more than one sender, click the arrow to the right of the Email List button to select the correct "send as" setting.
If you're sending the same email to multiple lists at once, you can copy and paste all of the list email addresses into the "To:" field (see the next FAQ for how to obtain the email address of a list).
What happens when I have the same person on multiple lists and I send to all lists at once?
Don't worry - we never send multiple copies of the same email to recipients, even if they are on multiple lists. Our systems are smart enough to filter out the duplicates and only send a single email.
How do I send a one-off email to a select group of contacts (instead of my static lists)?
You would send them a tracked email by following the steps outlined here.
Can an email be recalled?
Unfortunately, an email cannot be retracted once it's passed through our servers.
Why am I getting back a copy of the email I sent?
If you have the "Send Me A Copy" attribute enabled on a list (or under your account notifications for tracked emails), we'll send you a copy of your note. You can turn on/off this setting for each of your lists by completing the following steps:
- Click into Manage Lists in the top header and then click into one of your lists.
- Click the List Settings tab.
- Select or deselect the checkbox next to "Send me a copy of every email I send, or is sent on my behalf"
You can turn on/off this setting for tracked emails by completing the following steps:
- Click the icon in the very top-right corner of the screen and select Account Settings from the drop-down.
- On the next page, click on Notification Settings in the left-hand sidebar.
- Uncheck/check "Receive a copy of all tracked emails you send".
How are "Forwards" tracked?
A forward is not tracked by Street Contxt when a recipient clicks “Forward” on their mail clients.
We indicate a forward has taken place when we have verified both of the following points:
- an open is recorded.
- the IP address the open is generated from is owned by a company that we've identified as not related to the original recipient’s company
We’re able to do this by comparing millions of data points we’ve gathered from across the street to pinpoint opens at specific companies.
Click here to see how we calculate all of our metrics.
I know a recipient opened my email. Why doesn't it show as an Open?
There are rare occasions when Street Contxt is not able to tell when a recipient has opened an email, due to security software or settings in their Outlook/Gmail. While 100% accuracy will never be attainable with email, we're constantly improving our analytics to make them as precise as possible.
Why do some recipients generate so many Opens on a single email?
Many factors can contribute to a high Additional / Total Opens count, such as the browser or mail client the recipient is using. An exceptionally high Open count is typically the result of the contact forwarding the email internally. Therefore, this metric can be a useful way to gauge traction at a particular firm.