Street Contxt uses a shared contacts model. Similar to a CRM, your software shares contact information between users at your firm. This provides the following benefits:
Contact details only have to be updated by one person at your firm to be up to date across all of your firm's Street Contxt accounts.
Contact details can be pre-filled out if another user already has that contact, reducing the chances of mistakenly entering incorrect contact information.
You can share your lists with colleagues, allow them to co-manage and send email to them.
Here's a list of key features you'll want to understand:
Under Manage Lists, the Company Contacts page contains all of the contacts owned by everyone on your team, including yourself.
The first pinned list you'll see on the left-hand menu is My Contacts. This page contains the contacts you yourself cover.
To manage and edit your contact information, perform the following steps:
- Under Company Contacts or My Contacts, click the row of the contact who's information you wish to edit.
- On the bar that opens on the right-hand side of the screen, click the Edit Contact Details tab near the top.
Under the shared contacts model, you now have added functionality for edit contact information. You can now
Change the email address associated with your contact - when a contact changes firm, you no longer have to create a completely new record for them in your Contacts table (then deleting the old record). You can simply edit the email with the details of the existing record.
Add a nickname - if a contact has a preferred nickname, you can now add one to reference if you want to send a more "personalized" email.
The steps for adding or removing a contact are as follows:
- Click on a contact in My Contacts or Company Contacts to open the right-hand sidebar.
- On the sidebar, every list you have access to will be displayed. If you want to add a contact to a list, click on it's respective "Add To List' button. under the Subscription column The button will then change to "On the list".
- If you want to remove a contact from a list, click the "On the list" button.
- You can add / remove the contact from every list at once by clicking on the Bulk Actions drop-down at the top of the table.
- Click Manage Lists in the header.
- Click into one of your lists in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Share List button in the upper-right corner.
- In the "Share this list with someone on your team" window that pops up, locate the colleague you wish to share your list with and check the box next to their name.
**NOTE: if you cannot locate your colleague on this list, they may not have a user account. You can invite them to get set up by clicking the Invite To Street Contxt button.
- On the next page, select the appropriate role you wish to assign to your colleague and click the Finish button.
When you share a list with a colleague, you specify a Role for that user on this list, each affecting what they can and can't do:
Full Sender - A "full sender" can send to the list as themselves, and (optionally) as someone else if that user has granted them the ability to send as that user.
Partial Sender - a sender with "limited" permissions can send email to a list, but only as the list owner (meaning, the owner will still appear in the "From" field of the email they send when received by each contact on the list).
Sender & Editor - An editor has all the sending permissions of a contributor, but can also add/remove contacts to the list.
Admin - if the list was created in your account, you automatically have the "admin" role assigned, meaning you are abel to send to, edit, share and delete the list.
- Click Manage Lists in the header.
- Click into one of your lists listed in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click the Shared With tab.
Under this tab, you'll see everyone (including yourself, the "List Owner") who the list has been shared with. You can edit their Role by clicking the dropdown to the right of the column. You can also toggle their sending attribute under the "Can send as me" column, which will grant the person the option of sending email to this list either as themselves or as you. Whatever they select at the time of sending will be what the recipients see in the From field of the email.
All of the lists you have access to are listed in the menu on the left side of the screen after you click into Manage Lists in the header. A list that has been shared with you by one of your colleagues will be indicated with an icon displaying their initials:
Select a list that has been shared with you from the menu on the left side of the screen. On the next screen, click the Email list button, which will open your mail client with the list's address pre-populated in the "To:" field of a new email.
If you are set up to be able to send as multiple people , you can click the arrow to the immediate right of the button and select who to send as. Each "sender" attribute has its own unique sending address for the list. Your mail client will automatically populate the appropriate address into the "To:" field.
Alternately, you can click into the Send Permissions tab of the list and copy the appropriate email address from there into the "To:" field yourself.